Wednesday, August 9, 2006

I Can't Sleep...

I am tired but can't sleep...so I just decided to change the look of my blog...and blather on a bit too!!

How many of you have had to deal with a kid having an all out temper tantrum? Yesterday I went to Ross to see about buying a couple pairs of capris for wearing while doing my nanny job...cooler than jeans, but covering more than my shorts do...and the only ones I brought back from Romania with me were of the pretty short variety!! Anyway, while I was there someone's little girl got REALLY mad and started a screaming fit...and it went ON AND ON!! The parents really didn't deal with the screaming until it really started getting on people's nerves. I swore then that MY future children will never get away with that!!

THEN today I was the one who had to deal with a temper tantrum. Makena has a favorite t-shirt that she loves (it makes no sense, since she has such cute clothes from some pretty nice stores...but this is just a generic tee from her daycare). Anyway, she wore it today and all was well...UNTIL bathtime rolled around...then the fit started!! She began screaming for the shirt and would not be distracted. I even tried putting bubbles in her bathwater, but to no avail...she kept crying and screaming till I thought she was gonna make herself sick!! She finally calmed down fortunately after her bath so that she was no longer screaming when her parents got home...but she was still whiny and cranky...meh!! Again, I swore that my future children will never get away with that!!

In other news...Brack has strep and I haven't got to see him in two days...I miss him. At least there is the phone, though convos have to be kept short so as not to strain his throat. It is now 87 days till the wedding and there is still much to do...but at least we have the church, reception hall, honeymoon locale, and my dress squared away.

We are all registered too...at Bed/Bath/Beyond, Walmart, and Amazon.com. Brack of course had to add a few joke things to the registry ;-P Last night I got about 70 packets of bird-safe rice made up...yeah, I know it's a bit early...but I felt the need to do SOMETHING and get it checked off my list. I bought the petals for my flower girls, a toss bouquet, and the garter (the "something blue"), and the cake knife and server. The glasses for the toast we ended up getting at IKEA...a totally cool store, in my opinion.

BTW...Brack got a haircut...he is shaggy no longer...it's short and spiked now...

There are some weird things on TV at night...like plastic surgery, "In Living Color", and lots of infomercials...

Tomorrow I need to burn a cd for Jess...it will have some Romanian and Spanish songs on it...hehehe!!

Okay, I ramble...gotta try to get some sleep now...maybe I'll be able to sleep now...

Currently Listening To: Somebody To Love by Queen

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...