Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Been A While!!

Wow....much has happened since I last blogged!! I am now in the States once again...working as a nanny right down the road from my fiance!! I arrived back in the US on June 6th and have been pretty busy since.

Hmmm....to give you a general overview of just what I have been up to.....

We have registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond....still need to finish our other registries, though. We have found our honeymoon spot....awesome!! We have found our church...a little country church. I have got the perfect nanny job....very convenient and very flexible.

We also had the chance to go to the wedding of some friends...teh scumblat wedding in Longview. This was pretty cool as we got to spend some time hanging out with David (an old buddy of Brack's) and his wife Danielle and their kids on the way there. Then, during the wedding weekend I was able to meet so many cool people I had only known online before....Kates, Marks, Liz, Kat, Lora, David and Tiffany, etc. etc.

We had Mexican food on Friday night after the rehearsal and then went and saw a really goofy movie called "Nacho Libre". Then, after getting back to the hotel we girls (and Brack) went to the pool area and hung out till we got chased out....then we girls stayed up talking into the wee hours of the morning!!

Saturday was the wedding and it was beautiful and short!! It was actually pretty funny though cause David had said they weren't gonna stick around long after it was over...but we were all waiting on he and Jess at the last. After the wedding a bunch of us went to Texas Roadhouse to eat and throw peanuts...there was quite the peanut war going on!! Then Brack had to take off to meet up with the youth choir tour...but I went with a bunch of people to go bowling...quite fun...and I even got a strike...though my final score wasn't that impressive!! But it was fun....

Several of us then went on to Starbucks to get some caffeine and watch the night life of Longview...what there was of it!! Then it was time to head out back to the metroplex area...Slept in on Sunday and then went with Liz, David and Tiffany, and Adrian out to eat before moving in at my new nanny job. We ate at a nicer Italian place...but the crazy waitress didn't have a CLUE!! It was funny in a way...but still....

I got settled in here at my new nanny job and all is well...in fact, it is a bit quiet...not a huge amount of stuff to do when Makena is in daycare....it will get busy I am sure though...once the couple's new baby comes along in the fall!! Even with it being so quiet and stress-free though...I probably need to quit blogging and get the vacuuming done!! It is always a good thing when you get the things done that your employer asks of you, right?!! Anyway...sorry it's been a while...I will (hopefully) keep up my blog better now!!

Currently Listening To: Too Good Is True by Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...