Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wardrobe Refashion...and cleaning out the storage room!!

Well, I've signed up for a two month stint on Wardrobe Refashion starting the beginning of July. The pledge for this is as follows...

I, Julie, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, and recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn, or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted, or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that my thriftiness brings!!

Now if I can only figure out how to add the button to my sidebar...my compy's being stubborn!!

I'm a wee bit sad, cause after spending a good bit of time posting freebie links on my Essential Simplicity blog the other day, I didn't even get one single comment!! I sure hope that somebody at least got some freebies out of the deal...but I sure do love me some comments...especially over there, since I really work on posting more relevant stuff there...whereas here I just post my rambling!!

Today Brack and I tackled clearing out and sorting thru all the junk that we'd managed to accumulate in our storage room since moving into this apartment 14 months ago. We've already had a lady come pick up a load of stuff we posted on Freecycle, and we've got easily three times that again still to give away...plus a bag for the homeless shelter, a bag for Brack's mom, and three bags for my family!! It's amazing that we had that much JUNK piled up in there...and we still aren't done yet!! I had a bit of fun trying out my label machine that I bought for my organizing business on labeling the containers that have made it back into the storage room...stacked nicely on sturdy new shelves. I will post pics of the storage room on my Essential Simplicity blog once it's all done.

Well, gotta eat dinner and try to at least finish sorting the stuff still on the balcony, since I doubt we'll get any more of the stuff inside sorted by the time Saturday Night Live and bedtime roll around. We'll finish most of it tomorrow after church, though!!

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...