Monday, April 30, 2007

The return of the prodigal...To blogging, that is!!

This morning I woke up at 3am and just could NOT go back to sleep!! My brain was just too active, so I made up a to-do list for today of all I want to accomplish...plus a couple of things I need Brack to do when he gets home. I STILL couldn't sleep after that, so I decided to go ahead and get up. Since our apartment is small and I didn't wanna wake up Brack by washing dishes or starting laundry...I decided to spend this time doing the stuff online that I normally do later in the day. I also decided I needed to blog. I have realized several times during these last three months that I really should start up blogging again...but the sad truth is that I've gotten lazy about it!!

But I've determined that it is time for a change...several changes, actually...and I am gonna blog about them to try to help me be accountable...which will in turn get me blogging once again!!

Brack and I have decided that we need to get in shape. On nice days we will go for a good walk...on really hot or yucky days we will walk on the treadmills in the apartment exercise room while watching "Scrubs"!! Once it gets really hot out we will spend alternate days out at the pool getting some fun exercise in. I'm also trying to come up with some nice, healthy foods that Brack (picky eater that he is) will actually eat!! I've got a nutrition journal that we are gonna use to keep us on track, and am gonna try to get together a recipe box and meal plan for all of this.

I'm also going to get serious about finding work to do. I have gotten into mystery shopping, but so far have only done one shop. I need to get a little more aggressive about speaking up for jobs the second they become available. I also need to see about getting a Starbucks job for at least 20 hours a week, cause that will give me insurance (and Brack free coffee)...as well as bring in some money for paying off more debt.

I am also going to try to read more...I am a voracious bookworm, but have to admit that lately I've spent more time in front of the TV or the computer screen than with a book in my hand. Admittedly, I do tend to read a good bit of what might be deemed frivolous (like a fun christian romance novel) versus the classics, but I also try to read non-fiction books that deal with such things as managing your finances, dealing with migraines, and living healthy lives...as well as books on spiritual growth, marriage, and family. To me, reading a book that is going to help me live a better life (or as in the case of a fun fiction book...just enjoy a nice summer afternoon) seem a more worthwhile use of my time than reading any old book that is deemed a "classic"...unless that particular classic is of interest to me.

There are some other things I plan on doing as well, but I haven't come up with my "Master Plan" in full yet...so those will be forthcoming...

So much has happened since I last blogged...but that will have to go in my next blog entry!! I think this one is long enough!!

Currently Listening To: I Want To Know You by Sonicflood

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...