Friday, January 19, 2007

Yes, Yes...It's been forever...

Yikes!! I have become downright lazy when it comes to keeping up with my blog!! I really have no excuse since I am only working a few hours a week. Ahh, well....

Brack and I made a goal that we are getting our finances in order, paying off debt, and downsizing. We made up a budget and have managed to pay off a couple things already. We have also been selling off furniture and other things that aren't necessary and have found a new apartment to move to in March. The new place is a good bit smaller, so we are sorting thru and getting rid of things right and left!! The floorplan here is just like where we will be moving to...except our apartment is a mirror image. It's also on the third floor, so we will definately be getting our exercise!! Our building is pretty quiet, on the edge of the complex...but just across a drive from the office, the mailboxes, and the pool. The best thing about the new place is that it's only like a five minute drive from Brack's work!! This saves on both time and gas money...plus what we are saving from the cheaper rent.Yay!! If we keep up the pace, based on what we've been able to do so far...we should be out of debt by next year.

I am working at Justice still...but am barely getting 5-10 hours a week. I've applied at a few places and posted my resume on monster.com and there have been a couple bites. Right now I am waiting to find out more on two jobs...one as a personal banker in Fort Worth and one as an operations coordinator for a company just north of the DFW airport...so we shall see....

My grandma had an operation in December and isn't doing so great...so please pray for her. She will be going to East Texas in a couple months to live with my parents and my youngest three siblings. When my family had to move back to the States a few months ago they were pretty sad about leaving the mission field for good, but it really worked out for the best...as my dad is the only one of Grandma's children who can really take care of her on a regular basis. She and my other grandma will then both be within a half-mile of each other, which will be great for my younger siblings who didn't get to be around their grandmas much when they were younger.

Brack and I spent Thanksgiving in East Texas with my parents and my youngest three siblings..we really pigged out and had some fun!! We then spent Christmas with Brack's side of the family and then came home to our own little tree and exchanged our presents to each other then. New Year's was very low-key, with us sitting on the couch watching the ball drop in Times Square at 11pm, then again at 12pm for us central time zone people. In between we watched Sabrina on DVD...and fell asleep on the couch before it was over!!

We've had some nasty weather lately...ice and such from last Friday on thru yesterday...and it's still pretty cold and grey out. This isn't so fun when we need to get out to the store and work...but when we don't need to be out, it's a great time to snuggle on the couch with a blanket, a mug of spice tea, and a good movie.

Brack and I have also gotten addicted to a lot of these home shows on HGTV and TLC. The home flipping shows are on every Saturday afternoon and evening and we watch at least a couple of them a week!! It'll be a while before we are in a house...but it's still cool to watch and get ideas!!

I am hoping to get down to San Antonio here soon. Some of the PR girls are getting together the first weekend in February, and I'd like to get down there then...both for that and to see my fam in SA...my bro and his wife and baby, my sis and her husband and kiddoes...plus my dad's whole side of the fam.

Anyway, that basically catches me up to now...and I will attempt to blog a little more often now (at least once a week, right?)!! La revedere si Domnul cu tine!!

Currently Listening To: Despre Tine by O-Zone

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...