Saturday, July 9, 2011

Project 333

Was just wondering if anyone else was doing this challenge also? Here is the website about it and the Facebook group as well...

I'm attempting to do this challenge, but it's proving to be a bit more of a challenge than I'd anticipated!! It's not because I can't weed things down to 33 items (which swimwear, workout clothes, pajamas, undies, and the jewelry you always wear do not count in this total)...but for two other reasons.

One: I actually can't come up with 33 items of comfy, wearable stuff (I weeded so much stuff out of my closet in January and hadn't replenished it a whole lot yet).

Two: I want to have cute and varied outfits each day but since getting home on Tuesday I haven't been anywhere except the doctor's office and the grocery store...and I've been dealing with a sick asthmatic kiddo and sinus/allergy crud in the Texas heat...so it's been hard to even get a shower, much less put together something cute!!

I'm hoping to actually take pictures of each and every item I have and post it to my Pinterest board for the project but this is what I have so far on my list.

1. DKNY jeans (stretch straight leg jeans that can also be worn rolled up to capri or flood pant lengths)
2. Old Navy black jersey long skirt (as comfy as pajama pants, but can totally be dressed up or down)
3. Metro 7 black jersey knee length skirt (I want to change up the handkerchief hemline if possible, but it totally works and is comfortable for at home mostly)
4. NY and Co. denim skort (UBER-comfy and cute...and awesome for hooping)
5. Marks and Spencer brown shorts (cute for out and about)
6. Arizona Jean Co. denim shorts (mostly for at home or hooping)
7. Blu Heaven aqua jersey dress (super comfy)
8. Cute Options olive cotton dress (cute for out and about)
9. Scarlett print dress (great for special Sunday services and date nights)
10. Mossimo white tank top
11. Mossimo blue-green tank top
12. Mossimo black tank top #1
13. Mossimo black tank top #2
14. P Inc. black top w/attached necklace (SOFT jersey and pretty cute banded top)
15. Perseption turquoise top (another soft jersey banded top)
16. Faded Glory green peasant blouse
17. Mama necklace (has the charms my sis gave me before the birth of Bug and after the loss I had in February)
18. Glass heart necklace with interchangeable cords
19. Long star earrings
20. Invisibelt (to be replaced with a good quality black leather belt when funds are available)
21. black wrap (for chilly situations)
22. Alfred Dunner big black purse (can carry water bottles, diapers and wipes, Kindle, and anything else I could possibly need in there, but carries nicely even when half-empty as well)
23. Old Navy cheapo flips (for around the house and swimming)
24. Old Navy chunky flips (to be replaced with nicer ones when funds are available)
25. Connie sandals
26. Predictions strappy heels (for dressy occasions)
27. SO chunky boots (to be replaced with Doc Maarten Darcie chunky boots when funds are available)
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The items of clothing that don't count in the Project 333 challenge but that I am still keeping track of are as follows:
3 bras
3 pairs of socks
7 pairs panties
2 sets (tee and pants) pajamas
2 bathing suits, 1 cover up, and 1 pr. board shorts
workout top, workout bottoms, athletic shoes
Everyday jewelry--wedding band, engagement ring, spoon ring, tiny hoop earrings, silver bracelet, black watch, star necklace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, that’s what I’ve got. Hopefully it’s mostly cute and not too lame…and I totally plan on posting pics and I totally want feedback if possible on what else I should add to this list or what I need to change out. Technically I get a week from the start of the challenge to get the kinks worked out…but I’m giving myself two weeks because of the Independence Day weekend of travel and the whole sinus/head cold/allergies/asthma crud we’ve been dealing with as well!! So I’ve got till next Thursday night to get this all worked out, get my clothes in order, and go full steam ahead (even though I’ve already only been wearing stuff off this list pretty much).

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...