Saturday, January 1, 2005

November--December 2004 Newsletter

Dear Praying Friends,

The holidays are always such a busy time, with people bustling here and there, trying to find the perfect gift for everyone on their list. There are parties, gift exchanges, family get-togethers, and the list goes on. I hope that in the midst of all the hustle and bustle that you were able to stop and reflect on the reason behind all the celebration--the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!

These last two months have gone by so quickly, and yet they were so full!! My sister and her husband and baby came the last week before Thanksgiving and have been staying with us since. They will be living in and making repairs to the house once my parents and younger siblings are back on the field. My dad plans to be down in Mexico by mid-February and has already rented a house and taken some things down. The extra three people make the house quite full, but we are loving the chance to spend some quality time with them before the family scatters out again!! By scattered out I mean that not only do mom and dad and the three youngest leave soon for Mexico and I leave soon for Romania---but my brother Steve leaves for Korea with the Army in May and my brother John just joined the Air Force and will be starting basic soon!!

It has been a busy two months!! I began in November to help out in my church's youth group--and got to chaperone and join in the hilarity of the youth Christmas party in December. I look forward to being able to help out in the youth group as much as my schedule will allow between now and when I leave for Romania. Also, during the first two weeks in December my family and I were able to participate in a Christmas Village. This was a free outdoor walk-through performance of the birth and life of Christ. It was such a blessing, though at times it did get quite cold!!

In December I had the added blessing of being able to present Romania to the people of McCauley Avenue Baptist Church in San Antonio, TX. This is a small church, but you could just feel their love for missions. I really enjoyed being able to give my testimony there and the church family there was so sweet!!

Now I come to the hard part...my least favorite thing to include in these letters. How I would love to just keep ya'll up to date on all the good stuff and never have to mention needs!! But here it is...the time is rapidly approaching when I will need to have the funds for airfare and my small crate in hand and all my supplies ready to go. If you dear people could just keep me in prayer...that the Lord will get it all worked out before my departure date rolls around, I would so appreciate it. It looks as if it may be late spring before I will be able to leave, as I still need to raise the remainder of my support, but I dearly hope that I will be able to arrive in my adopted country and be able to be settled before the busy camp season begins. If you would keep this all in prayer, it would be so appreciated!!

Prayer requests:
*That I will be able to continue lining up more meetings and that the remainder of the support will come in.
*That my poor car will keep on keeping on until I leave for the field!!
*That the needed supplies and the funds for airfare and shipping will come in soon.
*That I will be able to have everything taken care of stateside and be able to be in Romania as soon as possible!!
*That people in the churches will have their hearts stirred for missions and that people will be saved.
*That God will be glorified in all that I do!!

Thank you for all your continued prayers and support and may God bless you in all that you do!!

All for Him,
JULIE SEALE

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...