Sunday, May 15, 2005

March--May 2005 Newsletter

Dear Praying Friends,

Well, it is halfway through the month of May already--where has the time gone? I have certainly been keeping busy here in south Texas!! Though I haven't had any meetings lately, it seems there is never enough time...between sorting through 28 years worth of personal belongings, gathering needed supplies, and contacting people to get everything worked out for when I finally arrive in Romania as far as ministries, a place to stay, and so on.

Family News
My family just headed back down to Mexico this past Friday with the three youngest children and have already jumped back into the work down there. My brother Steve just headed out this last week also...to Korea with the US Army. My sister Melody and her husband Michael found out just a few weeks ago that she is expecting again. This was just days before my little nephew Josiah's first birthday, so it was a bit of a surprise...but we are all just so thrilled!! Please keep her in prayer, though, as this seems to be a harder pregnancy than the last. I have a new sister-in-law!! My brother John went down to Peru to marry his sweetheart in March and we are so excited to add her to the Seale clan. She is waiting on the paperwork to go through on her visa, so that is another prayer request. Her name is Dayana and this is a fun fact...she is Michael's younger sister!! Please keep all my family in prayer, that they will all stay safe and healthy, and that God will bless them in all that they do!!

Getting to Romania
Now that I have gotten you up to date on family facts, I'll get to the main topic of my letter...getting to Romania!! Just about everything is worked out on the Romania end...I have a missionary and two orphan organizations to work with, a place to stay for the summer when I'm not at camp, and a roommate come this fall...another single lady missionary!!

HOWEVER...The thing that most missionaries hate to bring up is the money issue, but it's come to that point in time where I need to bring it to everyone's attention. The only thing standing between me and getting to Romania is money!! I still need at least an additional $80 a month in support before my pastor will give me the green light to buy my tickets. Also, though I have been working hard as time allows to gather my own funds for the airfare, shipping, and other travel costs (through substitute teaching, babysitting, house-cleaning, and the sale of homebaked goodies), I am still short about $1,000 of the needed funds. I am also hoping to get a few more supplies before I go...the biggest ticket items being a laptop, a projector, and a Betty Lukens larger-sized flannelgraph set. These needs seem at times so much and at other times so little...but that is really all that is standing in the way of my getting over to Romania. Though I covet your prayers, this time I am asking for more!! I am asking that you prayerfully consider giving a little something toward the travel expenses...or maybe even promising something toward my monthly support!! Anything you could do toward this would be greatly appreciated!!

Prayer Requests
*That the final bit of support would come in quickly.
*That the rest of the supplies and travel expenses can be gathered quickly.
*That my sister Melody's pregnancy will go smoothly.
*That my new sister-in-law Dayana's visa will be approved quickly.
*That my family will stay safe and healthy as we are scattered around the globe!!
*That I will be able to get to Romania by June and the start of the camp season.
*That children and teens in the camps will come to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
*That God will be glorified in all that I do!!

Thank you for all your continued prayers and support and may God bless you in all that you do!!

All for Him,
JULIE SEALE

No comments:

Tryazon Strictly Briks Party

In the middle of all the busyness that was the month of November I was chosen to host a Tryazon party for Strictly Briks. We got our party k...